Saturday, December 15, 2007

One down...Seven to go....

Well it is official. I made it through my first semester in College. On thursday I took my last final and on Friday I finished work. I now have about a months break before the next semester starts.

This year has been quite the challenge. I took 5 classes, which isnt too many, but it took some adjusting for me. I had to learn to juggle homework, ministry, work, and free time. (I never did get the hang of juggling.) But I have learned some valuable lessons, and am really looking forward to my next semester.

The Lord has been so gracious to me during this semster. I have learned the importance of the lessons that you learn outside the classroom, as well as what you learn in the classroom. I learned a lot about myself and how lazy I am, how unmotivated I can be and how selfish I can be. My prayer is that in learning these lessons, I will not forget them next semester.

I have learned to trust the Lord in new ways and in new areas. I have learned to rely on his strength. I have learned to do the best that I could and to accept the outcome of that effort. I have learned to praise Him in the busy times as well as the good times. He truly is my strength and portion, the God of my Salvation.

3 comments:

NEB said...

Hey, congrats on a first semester down. That's a great achievement. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're finished!!!

And I get to learn all that stuff next semester. ;-)

See you in a few days...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations my daughter! Your labors have not been in vain and you have shown yourself to be a true child of faith - keep trusting God and embracing more and more of His wonderful grace in life! Love you!