Saturday, December 8, 2007

It feels like winter...

It is winter...and today actually feels like winter. For the last few weeks it has been getting colder, but in the last two days it started to freeze. Ok, not quite literally, but once you are used to the Californian heat, even a small drop in temperature is like freezing. Last night, it started raining and today there were clouds all over the place. It is sunset, and as I am looking out the window everything looks grey, except for the purple and orange tones from that are eminating from the setting sun.

This has matched my mood for the majority of the day. I have been sick and trying to sleep away a cold for most of the day. I have been feeling very grey, but right now as I am watching the sunset through the window, I can feel my heart also eminating some very beautiful colors. I am sitting on the couch snuggled in my blankets with a box of tissues next to me and a hot bowl of soup on the side table. There is a blazing fire in front of me, and the one who has decided to take care of me is sitting on the floor reading, trying to study. I am afraid, he is probably not having much success, for he has been caring for me, lighting a fire and making sure I have everything I need.

My heart is overflowing with thankfulness. I have felt miserable all day; grey like the sky outside till I realized just how much I was loved. Then the color shone through; and though I am still sick, I feel glorious like the setting sun. The Lord truly does take care of those who love him, and He has provided for me one who still loves me even though he has seen me at my low. I was reminded of how God loves us when we are at our low; so low we even hated Him. Yet He cared for us, drawing us to Him and saving us from that which was killing us - our sin.

Thank you, Sam, for brightening my spirits when they were feeling so low...and for caring for me. I love you very much. ♥

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you to. My Dear, you are so easy to love...

Anonymous said...

Your Dad is happy for the love you have found - I will always look to those Daddy cuddles though